Ok many people in our community are wondering how to put custom necks on Frets on Fire Alarian Mod……this topic may not have been discussed much because they may know how because actually it's just simple….anyway for the sake of new comers or people who don't know much about the basics of the alarian mod I'd simply discuss how you could create custom necks….
STARTING OFF…..WHAT ARE CUSTOM NECKS?
Ok in any kinds of guitar we have the head where you strum and a neck where you hold strings to play different chords in a guitar…..so this custom neck just creates a new image for you to choose so you could see it in your fret chart while playing…..
WHAT FILE TYPE DOES THE ALARIAN MOD ACCEPT?
Only .png files…..any JPEG, Bitmap, etc……will not be accepted by Alarian Mod (Except if there will be a new version which should be able to accept this type of files)
OK SO CAN I USE BITMAP IF EVER I WANT TO CREATE AN IMAGE USING MY ARTISTIC SKILLS?
You may need Bitmap but it is MOST ADVICEABLE if you use photoshop cs……or any program that has the ability to edit pictures with great quality…….
DOES IT WORK WITH ALL ALARIAN MODS?
It doesn't work for Alarian Mod 2.7 but I don't know if it should work with later versions…….I've only tested this using the DS Rock Band Alarian mod and it works……although if you don't have this version of alarian you should check out step#12 and it should work now…..
1. You download any image from the internet or use any image from your computer
2. Open Photoshop
3. Import the image you've acquired
4. Open Alarian\data\necks
5. Import any image from the folder
6. Delete the picture in the image imported from Alarian\data\necks IN PHOTOSHOP!!!!
7. Draw a Marquee in your downloaded image and then copy and paste it into the window where the Alarian Neck was formerly placed…..(The window from the Alarian mod basically only gives you the proper size of a custom neck……
8. Ok now you have the proper size and all so just edit your image….
9. Now Save it as .PNG!!!!!
10. Go to the folder where you saved the image…..open it and revert it until it looks upside down….(IMPORTANT!!!!!)
11. Notice that every neck file in the Alarian folder is named as Neck_Number……so what you need to do is rename the image that you have created to Neck_The Next Number to the highest number placed on your custom neck folder…..
example….if the file with the highest number is named Neck_32 then you should rename your file into Neck_33
12. OK so what you did didn't work?……then your only option is to rename the image that you have created into Neck_any number recognized by Alarian
example…..if you have a neck file named Neck_2 then also rename your file into Neck_2
This should overwrite your default necks so makew sure you have a backup!!!!
13. Ok so you've done all the things that I said then what you need to do is to copy or cut the image that you have created and paste it to Alarian\Data\necks
14. Ok now your done check in your game by checking your neck under "Start Game" and it should be there…..ENJOY….