A song consists of:
- The name of the folder does not matter.
- Audio played when notes are played correctly.
- Information for the song such as artist, title and scores.
- The actual notes.
The folder must be place in FoF1/data/songs, although in mods based on Rf-Mod, another directory can be specified.
The most interesting file is of course the midi file as it contains the notes that you play. Also contains events used in Rock Band, and Guitar Hero, like star power paths and song sections.
Areas of Interest
Frets On Fire reads the notes for the different difficulties fom different octaves, starting with the note C.
So the notes are read:
- First fret
- Second fret
- Third fret
- Fourth fret
- Fith fret
For Amazing the notes are read from octave 8 (C8), Medium C7 and Easy C6 and Supaeasy C5.
For a more detailed explanation check this page
You can optionally add a few other files.
- Used to render a image on the casette/CD representing the song in the list.
- Audio that plays even if a note is missed.
- used like guitar.ogg except for bass/rhythm guitar tracks.
- Audio played in the songlist for the song. Very nice to use for songs that has a long intro.